Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Make-up Makeover!

Hey beauties!

Ever since I made makeup a main part of my everyday routine I have been moving around my house from bathroom to bathroom, mirror to mirror looking for the right place to hold my make-up collection. It's taken a while but I've finally figured out the way that I like my makeup and hair tools stored. When I re-did my bedroom this past summer I turned my old bookshelf into my own makeup studio. Here's how you can too.

First I started by clearing out the top two shelves of my bookcase. Then I added long door miror to the top of the bookshelf.

To create this space I took a wire desk organizer and put an acrylic container on top and bottom. This is helpful because I keep all of the products that I use everyday such as face lotions, toner water, eyelash curlers, lip balms, powders and foundations. I also keep tools such as tweezers, scissors, and old perfume samples in old film containers. I've clamped several hair clips on the sides of the wire rack, purely for convenience.

Next to my everyday products I've lined up spice jars from IKEA that hold my brushes, q-tips, hair ties, and bobby pins. next to that I have make up sponges and two kabuki brushes.

The next space I have is where I keep my hair styling tools, products and the bulk of my makeup collection. 

In this container I keep my styling products on top and my styling tools on the bottom. 

This is the storage container that I received from miumiu.com for Christmas past year. I got two separate acrylic containers and stacked them on top of each other. On top I keep my palettes, one from Victoria Secret and the other from Sephora. Each drawer includes (in order): Face Products, Small Palettes, Singular Shadows, Large Palettes, Mascara, Eyeliners, Lip Products, and Lip Glosses. 

On the next shelf I keep most of my favorite products, and my train case. I have hairsprays and products, body sprays  lotions and two empty perfume boxes. 

Last but not least! I have all of my favorite nail polishes, I keep them here for easy access and this is just a piece of my collection but these are all of my go to colors. I put mainly my Essie products here to keep the look similar but I also have two polishes form Forever 21 on display. 

So this is just how I organize my make up collection, let us know how you organize your makeup in the comments below! 

Xoxo Lilly :)


1 comment:

  1. oh, girl, you have a big collection of essay;} nice;}X

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment with any requests, suggestions, or critiques! We love to hear what you have to say and we'll try our best to reply to comments and check out your blogs! :)

XOXO,
Lilly and Rae