Friday, February 8, 2013

Simple Everyday Makeup Tutorial

Hello lovelies!

First off, I wanna say sorry for not posting at all.  I guess I just kind of forgot about posting with all of the crazy holiday business going on and the beginning of my dance competition season!  I'm gonna make a goal to start posting more often now :)

*
*
*
So over the holidays, I was gifted the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette on my birthday and I love it SO MUCH.  It honestly such an amazing palette and I highly recommend it!  It's a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it if you're looking for a good palette!  I also adore the lip gloss and the brush that came with it!
*
*
*
This look is very natural, quick, and easy, and it's perfect for an everyday look when you don't have much time to spend on doing your makeup!  I only used 2 shadows, Bootycall (a shimmery champagne color) and Chopper (a nice sparkling copper).  You don't need the palette to achieve the look, any champagne and copper colored shadows will do!

  1. First things first, you're going to want to put on on an eyeshadow primer to keep your shadows on all day long!  My personal favorites are Two Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion :)
  2. Using a flat shadow brush (or your ring finger which works just as well), spread Bootycall all over your lid. This shadow also works as a highlighting color so also place some in the inner corner of your eye and beneath your brow bone to brighten up your eyes!
  3. Next, blend Chopper into your crease and outer corner.  I also like to blend some onto the outer half of my lid as well to make sure there aren't any harsh line and the shadow fades nicely :)
  4. If you want a more natural look, finish off by lightly lining your eyes with a brown eyeshadow, a bit of mascara and some neutral lip gloss.  If you want to spice it up a bit, apply some black liquid liner (I like to wing mine), a couple coats of mascara, and luscious red lips!

I hope you enjoyed this super simple and quick eye tutorial!  Be on the look out for more posts coming soon :)

XOXO,
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment with any requests, suggestions, or critiques! We love to hear what you have to say and we'll try our best to reply to comments and check out your blogs! :)

XOXO,
Lilly and Rae